Gizmo Dorks PEI Sheet 3D Printer Build Surface 220mm x 220mm (8.6" x 8.6") with Laminated 3M 468MP Adhesive, Made in The USA
Gizmo Dorks PEI Sheet 3D Printer Build Surface 220mm x 220mm (8.6'' x 8.6'') with Laminated 3M 468MP Adhesive, Made in The USA by Gizmo Dorks at 3D Printing Supplies Outlet. MPN: GD-PEI3M-220MM. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. InstallationThe Polyetherimide sheet comes with 3M 468MP adhesive already laminated to the PEI. Apply the PEI with slight pressure and at an angle to
The Polyetherimide sheet comes with 3M 468MP adhesive already laminated to the PEI. Apply the PEI with slight pressure and at an angle to prevent and minimize air bubbles. Once applied set the print bed to 60C and apply pressure evenly across the PEI in a sweeping fashion to firmly set the adhesive. Please use a towel to avoid getting burned. Level the bed and set the height of the nozzle before printing.
If PEI is installed to the top surface of a bed sandwich (a build plate with multiple layers), it is recommended to install PEI on top of borosilicate glass.
Heat the bed to the desired temperatures for printing (60 C for PLA and 100 C for ABS). Depending on how thick your bed sandwich is, your set temperature may not be your surface PEI temperature.
When the print is completed, let the bed cool, and the part will be easy to release from the PEI surface. Parts are actually easier to remove if released before the bed becomes completely cold.
Leveling the bed is very, very important when using PEI. You want the first layer to be close enough to be squished a little. PETG is an exception and doesn't like squished layers, in which case a Z gap should be used.
Clean in between prints with isopropyl alcohol and a lint free rag. Acetone can be used instead of isopropyl alcohol, but the bed must be cold if acetone is used. Optionally, light sanding with 600-1000 grit sand paper can be done after lots of printing to give the PEI sheet more life.
Anet A8 / Anet A6 / Reprap Prusa i3 / And more! PEI can also be cut to size by scoring with a hobby knife.
220mm x 220mm (8.6 x 8.6 inches)
PEI thickness: 0.56mm (0.022 inches)
3M 468MP adhesive thickness: 0.13mm (0.005 inches)
Features & Highlights
- Made in the USA - Ultem 1000 PEI sheet installs quickly via the laminated adhesive on top of existing flat build platforms (e.g. borosilicate glass)
- Bubble free application - The 3M 468MP adhesive is already preapplied to the PEI; simply peel back the tape liner for quick adhesion to the bed
- Build Surface - PEI is the perfect no prep build surface which is endlessly reusable for multiple prints; clean with isopropypl alcohol between prints (or with acetone on a COLD bed)
- ABS and PLA filaments (along with many other materials) print directly on to PEI surface without the need for additional adhesives, tapes, or slurry
- Dimensions: 220 x 220mm / PEI thickness: 0.56mm (0.022 inches) / Laminated 3M 468MP adhesive thickness: 0.13mm (0.005 inches)
|Item Weight:||0.1 pounds|
|Item Size:||8.6 x 0.03 x 0.03 inches|